You have a large choice of towns and places to visit in the list below. Just click on a link for more information :
- Towns of Nuits Saint Georges ( 5km), of Dijon (19km) and of Beaune (24km)..
- The Castle of Clos de Vougeot, “Le château du clos de Vougeot” ( 1km)
- The Citeaux Abbey, “l’Abbaye de Citeaux” ( 10km)
- The Cassissium or the Imaginarium in Nuits Saint Georges.
- Every village along the coast : Morey Saint Denis, Gevrey Chambertin, Chambolle Musigny or Vosne Romanée.
Discover the region seen from the sky in a hot air balloon, with our partner Air Détente Montgolfière. An unforgettable and original moment.
The Wine Sale at the Hospices de Beaune will take place on Sunday November 22, 2020. The Wine Sale festivities will take place during the weekend from November 20 to 22, 2020; Professionals, connoisseurs and simple wine lovers meet for 3 days of celebrations and tastings, in the pure Burgundian tradition.
Fête de Saint Vincent Tournante; traditional wine festival in Burgundy; the appellation invites others to come and taste, flowery and lively villages. Each year the festivities take place in a different village in Burgundy. We are fortunate to have it 30 minutes from the house from 29 to 30 January 2022 in Puligny Montrachet and Corpeau then in 2023 in Couchey 10 minutes from Gilly.
For the hedonists amongst you …
- Visit the magnificent vaulted cellars along the “route des grands crus” and taste the famous Burgundy wines
- The ”Ferme des fruits rouges”( the red fruit farm) in Concoeur... 5 min from the house, Organic small red fruit farmers processed at the farm and marketed in jams, drinks and condiments. A real happiness for the taste buds !
- The truffle house in Marey-les-Fussey.
- Traditional cheese factories in Gilly les Citeaux and Brochon …. It is possible to visit them and to taste their cheeses on the spot.
- The “Spa Richebourg” in Vosnes Romanée offers massages.
Salon Auto Moto Retro Dijon from 13 to 15 March 2020.
The International Police Film Festival will be staging its red carpet in Beaune from 1 to 05 April 2020.
The Music and Wine Festival at the Château du Clos de Vougeot from 20 to 28 June 2020.
Deer Fest at Gilly Castle: musical festival on July 3 and 4, 2020. We look forward to the program !
Exhibition of sculptures in the gardens of Gilly Castle from mid-June to mid-September.
The Wine Sale at Hospices de Beaune will take place on Sunday 22th of November . The festivities of the Sale of Wines will take place during the weekend of 20 to 22 November 2020; Professionals or simple wine lovers meet for 3 days of festivities and tastings, in the pure Burgundian tradition.
Fête de la Saint Vincent Tournante ; traditional wine festival in Burgundy; the appellation invites others to come and taste, flowered and lively villages. Every year the festivities take place in a different village of Burgundy. We are lucky to have it 30 minutes from the house from 30 to 31 January 2021 in Puligny Montrachet and Corpeau and then in 2022 in Couchey 10 minutes from Gilly.
For sporty types:
A Garage to safely park your bikes.
- A huge choice of walks: Walks in the Nuits Saint Georges area, path of “la Bossière” with 3 different itineraries
- Mountain bike routes: “Route du cassis”, Road of the blackcurrant for example.
- If you are not the sporty type, you can rent electric bikes in Nuits Saint Georges and very soon directly from us !
Packed lunches are available (to be ordered 24 hours in advance).
- 16 / 17 Mai 2020 Marathon des Grands Crus in Dijon.
- Historic Tour Dijon Prenois du 08 au 10 mai 2020.
- Semi-marathons, Trails, Foulées, gourmet walks .. Here is the plan of the races and sporting events of the year around Gilly :SPORTS EVENTS 2020
Also, possibility of picnic baskets (with a request 24 hours in advance).
With children :
The house is a perfect place for children : we have an enclosed garden, with a trampoline, and various games. Many of the local sites are suitable for children :
- The Cassissium in Nuits Saint Georges is known for its interactive displays of how blackcurrant is transformed into liquor while the Imaginairum (also in Nuits Saint Georges) does the same for how sparkling wine gets its bubbles!
- The panoramic map at Nuit Saint Georges show you all of the possible
- In Dijon: the Botanic Garden, the Planetarium, the Museum des Beaux Arts (Fine Arts Museum), the “Lac Kir”(Lake) with a mini golf course and a sandy beach in the summer
- Swimming pools at Nuit Saint Georges and Vougeot (only in the Summer)
- In Curley, 5km from home we have a park activities with ropes, paintball, archery, …https://parcloisirscurley.com/index-uk.html
- The “Spa Richebourg” in Vosnes Romanée offers massages for parents and children. (We have a special deal with them)
- Fishing at the fish farm in Corgoloin.
- The tourism information office in Gevrey Chambertin organizes little orientation courses with questionnaires as a way of getting to know the region in the village.